Sharon's Skin Care List by makemommychic on Polyvore.com
I have a guilty confession, I absolutely love to hear about what is in other people's makeup drawers. I devour the pages of magazines like Instyle and People Style Watch to see what products the celebs are using and am always curious about what my friends or collegues use on their face. However, don't worry, I am not the type to snoop into people's medicine cabinets when I'm pretending to use the bathroom (although, you would never know, right- hehe). So, for the next four weeks I thought that it would be fun to share with all of you the products that I am using right now. This week we will start off with skincare, as this is how I begin and end my day.
1) Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray: I had a terrible habit of splashing water all over the counter when I washed my face in the morning. Then I discovered this beauty and the counters have remained dry ever since. The spray is great because I don't actually need to wash my face in the morning with cleanser, I just spritz it on, wait a few second, pat my face dry, then moisturize. It's also great for refreshing your face during the day and is awesome for travelling.
2) Shiseido Benefiance Daytime Protective Emulsion with SPF 15: I love, love, love Shiseido products. They never irritate my sensitive skin and always leave my skin feeling hydrated, yet not greasy. This product is a great lotion that I massage into my skin every morning and provides me with my daily dose of SPF. It also provides a great base for my primer and tinted moisturizer.
3) Lancome Genefique Eye Cream: I use eye cream twice a day, and this one is great because it isn't greasy and settles in to my skin pretty quickly. I can't say that I've noticed lots of changes in fine lines, etc. but I like the texture and it came almost free with the Lancome Genefique Youth Serum (mentioned below) so I thought that I would give it a try.
4) Lancome Youth Activated Serum: There has been some hype regarding how this product works with your DNA to replace youth proteins that diminish with age (blah, blah,blah) however as I am not a scientist the observation that I've made with this product is that I love how smooth and soft it makes my skin feel. I smooth it on every night before applying my moisturiser (mentioned below).
5) Shiseido Benefiance Revitalizing Emulsion: I cannot say enough great things about this moisturizer. I've used it for so many years, during pregnancy, harsh winters, sweltering summers and it never fails to produce smooth, hydrated skin. I haven't had a flake on my skin since I started using it and I just love the way it sinks into my skin.
6) Shiseido Benefiance Foaming Cleanser: This is one heavy duty cleanser that strips off all of the makeup/dirt/yuckiness but leaves your skin feeling clean but not completely dried out. I used to steer away from anything foamy because of my skin and this is one of the few cleansers that I can use. Although it can be a bit pricey for cleanser you just need a little pea sized drop for a great lather so a tube can last you anywhere from 6 months to a year.
What about you? What are your skin care staples?
Please check out Sharon's Beauty Showcase next week where I'll be discussing products for the face. I promise it'll be super fun!